BE KIND AND I LIKE YOUR BOOKS

 


BE KIND AND I LIKE YOUR BOOKS 

Two poems by Charles Bukowski are in this artist book.  I like Bukowski's poetry because he 'tells it like it is' without apology.  His writing expresses how he experiences life in the moment.  It is truthful with a smatter of sarcasm, humour and is sardonic.  

The first poem in the book is Be Kind and the second poem is I Like Your Books.  I used a light weight Japanese paper for this book and experimented with water colours.  The paper is soft to the touch and is semi-transparent. I hand drew abstract images throughout the pages of the first poem,  


The soft cover with photograph: Fabriano card stock, yellow linen thread.  


Fly leaf: Japanese string paper and hand drawn flower and cover page with Be Kind. 












The poem, I LIKE YOUR BOOKS, starts here and has water colour and text on each page. 












I first discovered Bukowski's poetry when I was playing with the flip open book.  The poem was called, Roll The Dice, and it was perfect for the flip open book. 


Flip open book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTHORS, PHILOSOPHER AND EXHIBITIONS

ALL ABOARD FOR WONDER AND DR. FRANKENSTEIN'S COLLECTION OF SPARE PARTS

SUMINAGASHI SATURDAY