New Year and New Work

 


It has been almost a year since my last post.  I created more books, boxes and zines in the past year, then I have in the past.  I will post one of the new pieces once a week or so rather than try to put them all in one post. 

DREAMING OF WORLD TRAVEL

This accordion book was created in response to a call with the theme of Dreaming.  It is done with water colours, ink and collage. Each card (4 x 6 inches, 105 x 148 cm) was painted with water colours, decorated with stamps, text and images and glued to an accordion fold. 




Front and back covers.  The front cover has a Tarot card image of Il Mondo (The World), from the first Italian tarot cards. 


I used stamps from around the world, drew a light outline of a medieval city and wrote about what I would enjoy when travelling the world. 





Open accordion. 

MAIL ART 

I have been having fun responding to calls for mail art exhibitions.  I find working on these small pieces of art help fuel my creative juices for making artist books. 


The theme for this submission was Kreiseln (gyrate, spin).  It went to Germany.  Collage on painted background. 


The theme for this card was, Art is Fun.  It is a collage with photo, re-purposed graphic art book and stamps.  This one went to Japan. 

That's all for now.  It is a balmy 31 degrees in Ottawa today and we will return to more seasonal temperatures tomorrow.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTHORS, PHILOSOPHER AND EXHIBITIONS

ALL ABOARD FOR WONDER AND DR. FRANKENSTEIN'S COLLECTION OF SPARE PARTS

SUMINAGASHI SATURDAY